Creative Talents Program
Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for Taiwanese and international creative talents related to art fields, for short stay or specific projects.
Bamboo Curtain Studio has launched the residency program since 2009, aiming to provide time and space for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach project, collaboration works or research. Since 2012, we put more focuses on “creative talents” whose project can bring out new ideas and concepts for their communities and societies and the world, regardless of the age, gender, ethnicity and nationality. This program provides three to four artists with either a free studio or accommodation space (a choice of only one) for up to two months.
We especially welcome applicants working on:
• cross discipline arts,
• ecology and environment,
• community engagement projects
• December 15 for next year’s residency.
• We will announce the result before December 30 each year.
• Artist / curator / researcher / culture worker/ arts professional
• Open for all age, gender, media, and nationality
• Open to all individuals and groups applications
1. Application Form (see attachment)
2. Project plan within 2 pages of A4.
(including the project concept, content and residency schedule)
3. Outreach or collaboration plan (if any).
4. Resume and portfolio (link or website).*important
5. Name and contact information of one reference person/organization from your country.
1. Jury will make decision based on the relationship of recent works of applicant to current application.
2. Please state “Creative Talents Program”and your name on the email subject. and all supporting materials will not be returned.
3. Uncompleted applications will not be considered.
4. If you’re applying as a group, the project director would have to be the main applicant. Please note that we only provide living space for up to 2 people, including the project director.
Program Provisions and Requirements
Applicants are required to agree to the following provisions and requirements before sending their applications.
1. Program Provisions
• Up to two months free working or living space (a choice of only one)
(Usage of other spaces can be negotiated if available , and might incur related charges.)
• Administration support
(personal assistant, translator or interpreter, or any other special requirement will have extra charges)
• Networking opportunities
• Basic travel insurance
• During your residency, we could arrange wrap around activities such as: Workshop/ Open Studio/artist talk/work-in-process presentation (e.g., exhibition/ performance)
2. Program requirements
•During your residency, provide at least one type of presentation. Collaboration with our publicity staff for our promotion of our residency program one month before project execution.
• After your residency, write a short report (within one or two A4 pages) about what you have done in your project, how did your project progress, what kind of feedback did you receive, 5-10 residency photos and BCS questionnaire.
1. You will need to cover your travel (including visa), living cost and material fee for this program. The living cost in Taiwan is about 600 USD dollars per month.
2. BCS will only cover the basic travel and accident insurances; the artist will have to cover other medical insurances by him/ herself during the stay .
If you have any questions, please write to
Tel: +886 2 8809 3809 / +886 2 2808 1465
Fax: +886 2 8809 3786
No.39, Ln. 88, Sec. 2, Zhongzheng E. Rd., Danshui Dist., New Taipei City 251, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
For more information about room types, facilities and fee,
visit us at http://bambooculture.com/en/space