M on the Bund restaurant group in Shanghai announces the next M Literary Residency programme. International call for writer’s residencies in Bangalore and Shanghai.
M Literary Residency 2013-14
The M Literary Residency Program has been established to disseminate a broader knowledge of contemporary life and writing in India and China today and to foster deeper intellectual, cultural and artistic links across individuals and communities.
No nationality restrictions – applicants are invited to apply for one of two M Literary Residencies:
A three-month residency at Sangam House, in a rural setting near Bangalore, South India from late 2013 to early 2014.
For more on Sangam House, click here
For the Sangam House Newsletter, click here
A three-month residency in Shanghai. The residency must be taken up before March 1st, 2014.
- The applicant does not need to be a published author – unpublished writers are welcome to apply
- There are no nationality restrictions for applications. However, applicants should be over 21 years old and be writing in English
- Applications will be accepted in the following genres only: fiction • non-fiction • poetry • dramatic prose
- Past applicants are welcome to reapply
- The M Literary Residency application form and guidelines can be downloaded below.
Applications must be received by Friday, 29 June 2012.
The results will be announced on Monday, 29 October, 2012.
Download: M Literary Residency Application Form
Download: M Literary Residency Guidelines
M on the Bund organises Shanghai’s annual Capital Literary Festival