Artist, Shu-Lea Cheang (Taiwan born and US base now), invite BCS to join in the Mycelium Networking Society as one of the nodes. Mycelium has its own special system. It co-exists with other species and plays a very important role in food chain. The branch of Mycelium continuously connecting, growing and influence other living species. Is it also similar like living nodes/modes of human society?
This open call welcome proposals related to Mycelium. We encouraged concepts related to social engagement. Any medium is welcome.
Reference: MYCELIUM NETWORK SOCIETY
1. We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross discipline, ecology and
environment, and community engagement projects.
2. BCS residency program is open to all professionally established visual artist,
performing artist, curator, chief, gardener, architect, engineer researcher and art
manager, both individual and group.
3. All applicants must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
4. We also encourage both Taiwan and international creatives jointly submit a proposal as
- Duration of Residency
Selected artist may choose up to two months free residence space from March to June 2019.
-Support for Selected Artists:
BCS will provide either 2 months residency accommodation for free and
NTD$30,000 as artist fee. Selected creative has to responsible for their
travel and expense here.
- Application Period: available from now till 21st Oct (Sun)
- Final announcement: mid of Nov.
Please sent your application to email@example.com in English or Chinese.
Please stated 【Mycelium project OPEN CALL 2019 + Name】when submitting your application
※For more imformation, please read the attachment※