Creative Talents Program
The Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for creative talents from national and international art related fields, for short stay or specific projects.
Since 2009, Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) has launched a residency program. It aims to provide times and spaces for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach projects, collaborations or research. In 2012, we focus more on “Creative Talents” which their projects will bring out new ideas, concepts to their communities, societies and the world without regard to the age, gender, race and nationality. This program will provide three artists with either a free studio or accommodation space (a choice of only one) for up to two months.
We especially welcome applicants working with:
• cross discipline arts,
• ecology and environment,
• community engagement projects
September through October every year (not open for 2014 applicatoin yet)
• Artist / curator / researcher / culture worker/ arts professional
• Open for all age, gender, media, and nationality
• Open to all individuals and groups applications
How to apply
Please download the guideline and application form from our website.
Please send the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Application Form (see attachment)
2. Project plan (including the project concept, content and residency schedule) within 2 pages of A4.
3. Outreach or collaboration plan (If any).
4. Resume and portfolio (link or website).
5. Name and contact information of one reference person/organization from your country.
1. Please state “Creative Talents Program” (not open for 2014 application yet) and your name on the email subject.
2. All supporting hardcopy materials will not be returned.
3. Uncompleted applications will not be considered.
Program Provisions and Requirements
Applicants are required to agree to the following provisions and requirements before sending their applications.
1. Program Provisions-What we offer
• Up to two months free work or living space (a choice of only one)
• Administration support
• Networking opportunities
• Basic travel Insurance
• During your residency, we could arrange wrap around activities as such: Workshop/ Open Studio/Artist Talk/Work-in process presentation (e.g., exhibition/ performance)
2. Program requirements- What you do
• During your residency, provide at least one type of presentation (See A-5 wrap around activities)
• Collaboration with our publicity staff for our promotion of our residency program.
• After your residency, write a short report (within one or two pages of A4) about what you have learnt for your project; how did your project progressed; what kind of feedback did you receive);5-10 residency photos and BCS questionnaire.
You will need to cover your travel, living cost and material fee for this program. The living cost in Taiwan is about 500 USD dollars per month.
BCS will only cover the basic travel and accidental insurances; the artist will need to cover other insurances by him/ herself if necessary.
For inquiries, please write to
Tel: +886 2 8809 3809 / +886 2 2808 1465
Fax: +886 2 8809 3786
No.39, Ln. 88, Sec. 2, Zhongzheng E. Rd., Danshui Dist., New Taipei City 251, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
For more information about room types, facilities and fee, visit us at http://bambooculture.com/en/space